Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Secret Of "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty"...


There are so many films out there to see, so many options. I don't come close to seeing even a portion of what's out there.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing because as we all know, there's a lot of bad product out there when it comes to movies.

In my opinion, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is not one of those bad products.

I remember seeing an ad for the show and I was intrigued. I knew it was a re-make, but I haven't seen the original. I knew somewhat of the meaning of Mittyesque (daydreaming as an escape or for the fun of it...) but that was about it. And I didn't know a lot of people who had seen this film. It wasn't one that came up in conversation. "Hey. Did you see that new Ben Stiller film, that Walter Mitty thing?"

I didn't hear a lot of that.

Too bad.

Sometimes a movie just reaches you. There's something in it that connects and you find yourself drawn into the lives of the characters. This show did it for me. The scenery of Iceland is spectacular and the resolution of the "everyman" plight was sweet. Plus, the music was very good.

I read a little about the film on Wikipedia (I know it's not a serious site for research...) and it's amazing all of the times this movie was to be made in the past. Perhaps all movies have a similar history--I'm not sure.

It appears the reviews for this one were mixed and it didn't do that well at the box office. But for me, it was enjoyed. If you're wondering whether or not to see it, give it a shot. You might just like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment