Monday, April 4, 2016

Three Screens...How Luxurious!


Last week I was looking at my working station and I decided to shake things up a bit.

I hoped up my laptop.

Some at work have desktop computers that they use. For us in our department, they give us laptops. Which, is fine with me. I have a docking station that hooks up my keyboard and mouse. It also hooks up two monitors.

I remember more than a decade ago they upgraded the computers we were using. The exciting thing wasn't the new computer, but they were hooking up everyone with two screens. Wow! Two screens! We were indeed living in the future! Gone forever were the days of the big bulky monitors. We now had flat-panel screens that looked beautiful.

Fast forward a decade and a bit, and two screens is commonplace, normal. But three screens--that's reserved for the truly important individuals. I think I had tried in the past to see if I could get the laptop screen to be Screen #3 and it didn't work. I don't understand why it works now, but I'm glad it does.

So, yes--I've joined the elite three-screen crowd. Then again, those four screen people will make my setup seem commonplace, normal. I guess there's no winning when it comes to screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment