Friday, June 17, 2016

Behold! The Seven Dollar Sandwich...


When you work a couple of jobs, sometimes you eat all your meals away from home. So, if you're used to eating leftovers and you've got food that needs to be refrigerated, you put your lunch and dinner in the fridge at your first job. And when you leave for the second job, you take your dinner out of the fridge at the first job and transfer it to the fridge at your second job so you can eat while on break. 

At least, that's how I do it.

But, if you forget to take your dinner out of the fridge at the first job, then you have no dinner for your second job, and since you only have a fifteen minute break, you must pick up something before the second job begins. If not, you'll be having your dinner when you get home after 9pm.

Yup--a few weeks ago I left my dinner at my first job so I stopped at Einstein Bros. Bagels because I know they make sandwiches, something I could put in the fridge for a couple of hours until my break.

I knew Einstein Bros. had sandwiches--I just didn't know they cost seven bucks! Seven bucks! That's a lot for a sandwich. But I had made my choice and I had to see it through. I didn't have enough time to go somewhere else. My shift began in a few minutes.

The question you might be asking yourself is this: was it worth seven dollars?

Yes, and no. It was worth seven dollars because I made bad decisions. I left my dinner at work. I chose a place that I didn't check out before. The sandwich helped get me through my shift. But, in the grand scheme of things, even though it tasted pretty good, it wasn't "seven dollar" good.

No comments:

Post a Comment