Friday, June 24, 2016

Cha...And...Ching!


I stopped by a yard sale today. It's been a while since I've indulged, but I was coming home from running an errand this morning and I thought it looked like fun. Plus, the sign by the side of the road clearly advertised a "Multi-Family" event.

So I stopped.

And I picked up a few things.

And those things were Beanie Babies.

Truth be told, the multi-family sale wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be, but what they had was nice--and clean.


I came across the box of bears and other animals. When I saw what they were selling for, I did something I never do, I pulled out my phone and searched "Rare Beanie Babies" on Ebay. I checked out some of the rare ones then looked in the box.

I ended up buying ten. When I got home I did a little more checking to see why some of the prices for rare Beanie Babies were so high (some in the tens of thousands of dollars...) on Ebay. We did a little investigating and found that some of the ones I bought are worth some money--not anywhere near the super high rates, but worth a surprising amount.


I've never sold anything on Ebay so setting up an account figuring it all out so neither we or the buying gets burned should be interesting. 

Of course, the Beanie Baby market could be down the tubes by tomorrow morning. If that happens, then I'll have purchased almost a dozen cute, once-valuable little animals full of plastic beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment