Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Cast Reunion...Babes In Toyland


A few weeks ago an event popped up on my Facebook feed advertising a little get together for the cast and crew of a show my daughter and I last winter. Because I'm working so much lately, I wasn't sure if we would be able to attend.

Turns out, we could. And so we did.


Each show is different and therefore, the way you feel while doing and after the show has ended is also different. There was something special about that show. Maybe it was because it was new and we created much of it ourselves, but something made us bond as few casts do. So, suggesting a cast reunion six months since and from Christmas sounded reasonable, almost expected.

We had food, conversation, catching up, all in an incredible home with an equally incredible backyard in which to enjoy each other's company. Not everyone made it--many expressing regrets that they couldn't come because of other commitments. They were missed.


Driving home with my daughter I felt like we were coming home from doing a show or having just finished a rehearsal. It's been a while since she and I were in a show together and I don't know when we'll get to do it again. So, not only did seeing everyone bring back a lot of good memories, the best part was spending time--again--with my daughter talking about shows and life. Thanks to everyone who organized the event. We're glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment