Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Book Launch For Christopher Husberg's "Duskfall"...Pretty Cool!


Tonight I attended an event that was larger than the sum of its parts. It was a culmination of hard work, determination, maybe a smidgen of luck, but mostly seeing a goal realized, a dream fulfilled. I went to Chris Husberg's book launch of Duskfall, his new fantasy novel.

I remember the first time I attended a book launch. It was for Robison Well's Variant. I admit I didn't know what to expect, and after the event I left with a ton of questions. I knew he had written a book and it was picked up by a publisher, but I didn't understand all the little parts of the process, the journey that both the author and the manuscript took to get there.


That was years ago. I've been to a couple of book launches since and each time I've learned more and more about the publishing process and what it takes for a person to be able to stand in front of a group of friends and family and read from a newly minted book, a book of their own creation.

I've not known Chris long, only a few months. And I've not read his book, but I did buy it and hopefully get a chance to read it soon. Tonight I saw a young author, a new father introduce his book. He read the prologue and then fielded questions. He did what all unpublished authors dream about, he got to experience a reward for all the hard work.


In the years since that first book launch, I've learned more about what it takes to get to where Chris was tonight. When an author thanks those around him/her for the support of friends and family, I understand that better. When they talk about the journey the story makes until it finally becomes a novel, I really understand that. Tonight was a celebration for all involved and I congratulate an author for the accomplishment. Well done, Christopher. Well done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment