Saturday, June 25, 2016

Who Listens To Christmas Music...In June?


I saw this CD returned to the library today and I thought, "Who listens to Christmas music in June?" I know there's Christmas fairs in July and at other times in the summer, and I'm pretty sure that many retailers who count on Christmas to be their busiest time of the year have already dealt with Christmas stuff to prepare for winter.

After all, Christmas is only six months away from today...exactly six months.

And the group, Pentatonix, is not your average musical group. They are exquisite. They show how the right combination of talents working toward a common goal can produce amazing things. I sang for years in organized choirs, including some of the best voices in the state, and when I hear Pentatonix sing, it communicates to my soul.

I've heard some of these songs, but not all. I look forward to hearing the others. I know there are people who can enjoy Christmas music all year around. I don't know if I'm one of them. But I can enjoy and appreciate good music--be it Christmas or otherwise--all year around. A few years ago I was part of a bell choir where we rehearsed Christmas music from January to December. I don't remember getting too sick of the music. So, maybe I can enjoy it more than I think.

Who listens to Christmas music in June? I guess I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment