Sunday, November 13, 2016

Knight Family Pie Fest...Yes, We Pie'd


Today is November, 13th. For the past twelve blog posts in a row I've written about NaNoWriMo and the fact I'm participating for the very first time in the event.

It's taken up a lot of my time.

But today, I'm deviating from the norm and writing about something else.

Pies.

A few years ago my brilliant cousin came up with fun idea. Around Thanksgiving we would meet at her house in the Salt Lake Valley, eat pies, and enjoy each other's company. We call it, 

The Knight Family Pie Fest.

Great name.

Great event.

Great pies.


We just got back and I'm still full of pies. What makes the event even more fun is that we see relatives we don't see that often, families of my first cousins along with my siblings. We used to get together more often, back when there weren't so many. But now, it's tough to find the time.

At least, that's what we tell ourselves.

So, thanks Alicia and Garry for hosting, for everyone else for bringing the deliciousness with, and for another great night. See you all next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment