Thursday, November 17, 2016

My Son Is Having The Best Week Ever...


If you've been following this blog this month, you've noticed I've been slowly presenting a short story I wrote about ten or so years ago. I thought I'd have enough material to cover the entire month of November, but I don't. The story is about eighteen pages long, and I've got five pages left to cover thirteen days that are left in the month. Seeing as how I've posted thirteen pages of story in fifteen posts, I don't think my five pages will cover the rest of the month.

So, I'm going to need to write a couple of non-story posts.

This is one of them.

Lots of people have good weeks. Thanks to social media (and blogs...), we get to here about them. My son is having an exceptional week. Here's why.

He bought a new computer. The boy worked hard, did his research and bought a new gaming/editing computer. It's something he's been looking forward to for a while.

But, as great as a new computer is for someone that works on computers all day, it pales in comparison to the other news he received.

He got a new gig.

My son is has been editing videos for years. His talents have attracted fans and one of them wants to pay him to do some editing. Kind of cool to be paid for something you love to do and would do for free (just don't tell the one paying him that...). Now he has some firepower to up his game and do some thing he wasn't able to do on his old computer.

Hopefully, you've all had one of those weeks where things have just worked out. I know I have. It's fun seeing it happen to my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment