Friday, July 7, 2017

Getting A New Car...Well, Not New-New


The last vehicle our family purchased was back in 2010, a 2004 Pontiac Vibe. We traded a minivan for it. We didn't need two minivans--very few do. I've mostly driven that Vibe to the bus stop every workday, to get groceries on the weekend, and to go to church. I've put about 25K miles on it in almost seven years.

So far, it's been a good car.

That begs the question: do we need another car?


My in-laws had a car in their garage they no longer use. It was my father-in-law's, a Ford Taurus. We sort of had an agreement with them for years. When my kids got old enough, it would be nice to have another car. I had a car in high school. Okay, it was a 1965 VW Beetle, so half a car. Fortunately, my fiends had more reliable cars, or I borrowed my mom's car if I absolutely needed to get someplace.

My Vibe is showing it's age. The starter's being a little squirrelly (even thought I left it at the mechanic's for three days and they couldn't get it to be squirrelly for them...). And since my daughter wants to get her license (so do her parents...), we decided to move the Taurus from it's cushy garage and put it into the hands of a first-time driving teenager.

And, it's go a sunroof, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment