Monday, July 10, 2017

Walk Around The Block...


In an attempt to get off my backside, I've been doing some walking. Of course, now's really not the time to do walking because of the melt-your-skin heat from above and soul-killing heat reflecting off the black streets below. I now know how a piece of toast feels.


But, last weekend, when the temperature outside wasn't at the death stage, I decided to take a walk. I saw some things, as I'm wont to do. And I also took pictures while I wandered, as I'm also wont to do. I used one picture for my "Pic Of The Day." It got a lot of response on social media.

When I ventured out, I didn't know what I'd see. I didn't think I'd see a government-issued insect trap. That was new. I did spot a couple of homes for sale, so if' you're interested in moving to our little community, here's one house for sale on the smaller side.


And another house for sale a little big larger. I've been in neither, so I can't tell you what they're like inside. But if you look online, I'm sure they're both listed.


When I drive early in the mornings on the weekends, I see a lot of people running or riding bikes. I don't see as many walkers, though. I wonder why. Then again, if the purpose of going outside among the insects and pollen is to get into shape (and the heat later in the day...), running and riding bikes probably gets you quicker results. But if you want to get a little exercise and see the interesting things all around you, a walk might just be the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment