Friday, July 28, 2017

Of All The Pictures I've Ever Taken...These Are Some Of My Favorites


More than a decade ago, I convinced the kids to come outside for a photoshoot. Back then I shot on film with my trusty Olympus OM-10, and since film was expensive, I didn't ask the kids to pose very often. Thanks to digital, they're probably be tired of me wanting to take their pictures.


But that's what fathers with a love of both photography and their kids do--we take pictures of the family.


I've taken a lot of pictures over the years, before and since that winter day all those years ago, and I can say with surety that looking at these pictures makes me happy. These are some of the most favorite pictures I've ever taken. I love them.


Last year I asked the kids to come back for another photoshoot. You've seen those shots where people re-create an old photo. I didn't match things exactly. My oldest was wearing red in both the before and after shots (smart kid...), but that was just coincidence. 


The picture of the kids is a physical object. It's in a box with many other photos of them, my wife and I, and other family members. There's something about holding a picture of the way life once was that's special, and when the subjects in that photo mean so much, it's that much better.





No comments:

Post a Comment