Saturday, July 1, 2017

Ten Years...




Ten years.

Ten years ago today our family lost its captain, our rock.

Looking back, in many ways it seems like it's been so long since that warm summer day. So many times people say that time has flown since such-and-such event happened. Not with this. At times it's been a long decade.


It was Sunday. We didn't go to church. Mom had been pretty much out of it for several days and we knew she didn't have long. I got a call to come over. I crossed the street. My brother, sister, and I were there when she passed. I didn't keep this blog at that time. Good thing--I don't know if I could have expressed how I felt being in that room, watching the moment when life transitions from this world to the next. It was a special--as sacred an experience as I've ever felt in my life.

Ten years. One decade. In some ways, it's been a lifetime. But I know those ten years, with my mom and dad together after being apart more than thirty years, have hopefully felt like a long time for them, as well. 

Miss you, mom. Love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment