Thursday, July 6, 2017

Thought I'd Give "Fender Play" A Shot...


I admit, I was influenced by an ad. The ad, and the free trial offer.

The ad was from the Fender Guitar people and the product was Fender Play, virtual guitar lessons.



The guitar has always plagued me. My first guitar was a small bass and I think I got it when I was in jr. high. I might have even traded my accordion for it. There are times I miss that accordion. But, we must live with our decisions--even ones from jr. high school. I ended up trading my bass for a nice acoustic guitar that I still have. Not knowing much about guitars, I asked my friend--who knew a lot about guitars--and he said my acoustic guitar was a much better guitar than the bass I traded it for.


So I got that going for me.


When I was in high school I bought my first real guitar, an RD Artist Bass. I fell in love with it, and even thought I don't play it very much, I still love that guitar.

Still, the six-string guitar has always been there, tempting me to learn, to master its wily ways. Like most kids who pick up a guitar, I was shown how to play a few cords. In the back of some of my kid's piano books, there are occasionally guitar cord charts. I tried learning how to play those songs. It didn't really work out too well.

Fender Play are virtual guitar lessons. Sure, guitar lessons have been around forever on YouTube, but something caught my attention on the Fender Play ad and I signed up. I even downloaded the iPhone app and tried it out. Both my daughter and I are going to give it a go. We'll see how things work out before the free trial expires. 

Though I'm partial to Gibson guitars, Fender makes some beautiful instruments. I'm not a big fan of the Telecaster, but the Strat--that's one fine guitar. But if Fender Play can help me learn, I may be a Fender fan for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment