Thursday, April 11, 2019

FanX 2019...Now With A Vendor Floor Stage!!


FanX, the oftentimes semi-annual cultural event happening in Salt Lake City, Utah, rolls into town next week and I am SO excited because, for the first time ever, there's a stage on the vendor floor.

Why is that such a big deal?


Because, for the last couple of months, I have been helping out with this little project. I've been helping out with the craziness that is convention planning. Since this is the first time this has been tried at this particular convention, there's a lot of unknowns when it comes to just how this thing will work. How will the sound be in the hall? Will people enjoy the diverse acts? Will the panels be able to both entertain and inform?

Lots of unknowns.


But we're jumping in with both feet! Part of my responsibilities including wrangling up some acts for the show. I thought immediately of musicians Dave Butler and Craig Nybo. It was suggested we look for diverse acts--I thought of dance acts. We've got two. Then we thought guests would like to watch some demonstrations on cosplay and combat fighting and all sort of things.

We went for it!

Now, the schedule includes author interviews, musical guests, ballroom dancing acts, art instructions, and lots and lots of panels. If you're going to FanX next week, PLEASE stop by! It's right in the middle of the con. I should be there most of the show. I'd love to chat and you and I can enjoy the massive talent we've compiled just for you! I usually can't wait for FanX to start--this time, more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment