Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Three-Thousand Blog Posts...Plus Seven


There was a time when I used to check stats and milestones on my little blog. I remember when I passed one-hundred posts, when I got a couple of thousand views, when I hit my one-year mark.

That was a long time ago.

Since I made it a goal to write a post every day, getting the post written became the important part. Every night for eight + years, as the day draws to a close, I think about what I'm going to write. I think back on if I've taken a picture (or several...) throughout the day and if I haven't, I look for something to photograph.

Then, before I go to sleep, I pull out my laptop and start clicking the keys. I come up with a couple of--hopefully, somewhat entertaining--paragraphs, add a picture (or several...) to the post, proof it (I don't catch all the errors...), then hit the "Publish" link in the top right corner of the page.

Another day, another blog post.

And I do it all over again the next day...a pattern I've continued since January 24, 2011.

If you're keeping score at home, that's three-thousand and seven days ago--eight, if you count today.

I may have glanced at the post count a month or two ago. Truth be told, I never look at how many posts I've written. Three-thousand is a nice number, thought, and had I paid more attention, I may have blogged about reaching the number when it actually happened. I didn't notice until I had surpassed the 3k mark by a day or two.

Yes, 3000 + 7. It's just eight short years. I wonder if I'll pay attention if I'm fortunate enough to reach 4k, 6k, 7k, or more. I guess the only way to find out, is to keep writing and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment