Thursday, April 25, 2019

Working In The Garden...Some People Love It


Tonight I stepped outside as the sun slowly set over a dead sea, the air full of pollen and the smell of spring. Dogs ran about. Neighbors were testing their irrigations systems, preparing for the days when rain-baring clouds are few and far between.

I so wish I loved spring more.

It's not my favorite season.

Not even close.

This spring brings some changes, the biggest being, I no longer have to commute to work. Well, technically, I do commute, a sixty-second trip to the basement. And, on my commute, it's impossible not to see the yard. 

I do love where we live. I love the four seasons. I love how just when you're getting sick of the cold in winter it starts to get warmer, and just when you start to get sick of the heat in summer, things start to cool down. If only I could afford to pay someone to do all my yard work for me. It would be heaven.

Then there are the people who either love to do yard work, or they don't necessarily like yard work but they love how their yard looks after putting in all that work, or they may not like yard work, or they way it looks, but they're worried about what the neighbors think when it comes to how theirs (and everyone else's...) yard looks.

Just a hunch, but I think I've covered all aspects here.

I always have grand plans to get out in the yard and pull weeds, and mow grass, and trim sidewalks, and pull more weeds. Maybe, because I don't have to spend an hour or more in the car each work day, I might actually do the work I wish was done. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment