Friday, April 19, 2019

A Spoonful Of Pudding...Helps The Medicine Goes Down


I had a potentially dangerous thing happen to me last week (I've got pictures to prove it...) so after visiting an InstaCare and the E.R. a couple of times, doctor's gave me a piece of paper with words on it. The words told legal drug dispensaries that they had the authority to put several capsules in a plastic tube and give them to me. Included with the drugs and plastic tube (and cap...), were instructions on the proper distribution of said drugs.

Until then, I'd been good to go. I survived the doctor's visits and the tests, but when I asked the pharmacist how big the capsules were, that's when I had to take a step back.

They were huge...

Huge.


Now, all you with normal throats may not have problems with swallowing these things. But I lack that physical trait--the one that allows me to swallow whole large items...things the size of bullets. I was told I could break open the capsules and mix them with yummy foods. It would help. Since I only have to take four pills a day for ten days, I could do it.

So far, so good. Thank goodness for chocolate pudding and/or orange juice. I'm sure there's other mixtures I could try, but for now, the pudding/O.J. combo has served me well.

Swallowing pills has been a curse for me all my life. I once had a medical technician--while x-raying my throat--asked if I had trouble swallowing anything bigger than a pea. I said I did. Amazing I've made it into my fifty-fourth year with this condition.

And hopefully I can continue many more years. I think I'll make it, as long as there's yummy foods I can mix with the medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment