Friday, April 5, 2019

The Cold Podcast...Downright Terrifying


I'd heard about the podcast for a while. When people love a new podcast, word gets around. From the moment I found out what it was about, I knew they had an intriguing topic--the story had it all, mystery, deception, murder, suicide, and a tragedy worthy of a Shakespearian play.

Cold is a podcast that chronicles the unsolved disappearance of Susan Powell.

And it's terrifying.

It's been almost ten years since the story broke of a Utah wife and mother who disappeared. The family suspected foul play. The husband said she abandoned her husband and two young boys and disappeared. The only thing both sides agreed upon was the disappearing part. 

If you think this is the worst thing that happened in the story, you'd be wrong. It ended so painfully, so tragically, in a manner so evil, it's heartbreaking. 

This past week my wife and I began listening to the series. She's farther along than me--I'm only a couple of episodes in. What makes this production unique is the use of recorded histories from the people involved, and when you hear Susan's husband Josh tell how he felt and dealt with issues--in his own voice--it turns your blood to ice, especially when you know the story.

It's because I know the story that, in many ways, I don't want to hear more. But, like passing an accident on the road, you have to look, and I have to finish listening to all the episodes, hear all the known facts, get even more creeped out hearing those voices.

The production of Cold is top-notch. The narrator, Dave Cawley, tell us what happened...what we know and what we don't know. I feel through his words that the story affected him personally, as it did so many of us.

To find out more about Cold, click: HERE to access the website. If you like engaging stories told well with incredible data with which to tell the story, give Cold a try. Like so many before, you'll be talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment