Saturday, June 29, 2019

Man...I Wish I Liked Yard Work


The way I see it, it's really Wayne Huber's fault. A friend since 1986, Wayne basically forced flowers and vegetables on us when we visited his business, Joe's Greenhouse, yesterday. "You need to take more," he said with that big Wayne Huber grin--if you know him, you've seen that grin.

Blast you, Wayne! (said with a raised and shaking fist...).

Because of early morning commitments we were unable to plant everything this morning, so tonight, around 9pm, I snapped a picture as we were winding up the evening planting.

Oh, how I would love to love yard work.

I know I've blogged about this before. Things would be so much better, not easier, but better, if I did. We have a strange lot. It's a third of an acre and because of the shape, our house had to have a small footprint. That means we've got a lot of land to oversee. And if what is growing is not planned and wanted, things you don't want growing take over. This spring's been tough for us as far as getting in the yard. Thanks to Joe's Greenhouse, we had to hustle to get the new vegetation in the ground before we ran out of daylight.

There's advantages to loving yard work. Other than the time, it can be an inexpensive hobby. Heck, I could spend hours upon hours just pulling weeds, but even without direct sunlight, it still gave me a headache to be out there for even an hour and a half. I had to take a couple of Advil and hop in a cold shower just to get through it.

At the other end of the yard, we have a flower garden. This morning as I came home from rehearsal, I saw an explosion of yellow. The daylilies were blooming. I suppose for some, seeing that beauty, helping it come about makes everything worth it. I wish I was one of those people. Maybe one day. Probably not, though. We'll most likely end up in a condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment