Thursday, June 6, 2019

Watching The Best Soccer In The World...Absolutely Amazing!


I know. I've heard all the knocks before. Americans don't like soccer and there's as many different options why as to people who believe it. It's boring. It's slow. There's not enough scoring.

I know.

I get it.

And even though all those who diss soccer might be right in their own minds, for me (and most of the world...), they're missing out on an incredible sporting experience. Now, I'm not saying all soccer is good, just like all baseball (peewee, T-ball and the like...) or football or any sport is great. But when you get an opportunity to watch the world's best compete against each other...well, it's beautiful.

Yesterday and today the semi-finals were held in the UEFA Nationals League. I'm not such a soccer geek that I know all about the UEFA or the Nationals League tournament, but whenever I get a chance to see national teams play, it's on a different level. It's like watching the olympics, but for just the one sport. I came to love watching national teams play while living in Denmark. There's just nothing like it over here--nothing.

I wish more Americans enjoyed it, too. Good thing there's enough of us out here that they will broadcast the games to us Americans.

Before yesterday, four teams were in the hunt. Now, only two remain. Portugal and the Netherlands will play June 9th, and if the semi-finals are any indication, the world will see more of the best players in the world. Hopefully, some Americans will be included in that number.

No comments:

Post a Comment