Saturday, June 22, 2019

Ordering Books...Part Of The Process


As a writer, it's bad to attend a writing convention without books to sell. I should know--I seem to find myself doing it all the time.

The latest--this past weekend at Fyrecon.

But, I should say, I wasn't completely without product. I had one copy of my novel Chaser. One.

My last one.


This past weekend I attended Fyrecon 3 for two of the three days. I sat at our publisher's table for a majority of the time I was there. I talked to several people about the company and the books we sell. The company has grown so much recently that not all our titles we've published were there, including mine. 

For years I attended these events with another publisher, Xchyler Publishing. I had short stories in three of their anthologies. I usually didn't bring any books to those events, either, because other authors brought large amounts of the same books I would sell if I brought my own. Needless to say, I haven't made a killing selling my own books.

Maybe things will change now. I've got a couple of cons coming up so tonight, I logged on to my publisher's site and placed an order...not as many as I would have liked to order, but more than I had this past weekend. 

Yes, it's bad to attend a writing convention without books to sell. Hopefully, that won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment