Wednesday, June 12, 2019

So...With An Expert Grill, Am I Now An Expert Griller?


After fifteen years, it was time to upgrade. It wasn't a car or new appliances--well, I guess it was an appliance, but one you don't permanently install in your kitchen. We picked up a new barbecue grill. 

It was needed.


Ol' Red served us well for a decade and a half, but Big Black...he's a good one. In fact, he's an Expert Grill. When I picked up Big Black, I didn't realize it was part of the expert class of grills. Now, I'm not well-versed in what elevates a grill to such a level. Sure--it could be the way the charcoal pan can be raised and lowered. It could be the door that opens in the front where more fuel can be added. It could be the shelf that can be lifted to a permanent locked location.

Or, it could be the bottle opener attached to the left side of the Expert Grill.


We've used the Expert Grill twice since we picked it up last month. Earlier this week, As I watched the temperature rise on the outside thermometer (most likely, another aspect of an expert grill...), I wondered if, now that I'm in possession of an expert grill, can I consider myself an expert griller? I suppose the verdict can be found in the grilled product. The family seemed to enjoy the various barbecued spread placed before them the other night. I know I did.

Currently, Big Black, the Expert Grill resides in the shed outside, waiting for its time to serve, sitting silent until it's called upon to fulfill its destiny and prove to the world yet again, that it is indeed, an Expert Grill. Happy BBQ everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment