Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Whew...That Was Close!


It happens about every six months or so. My daily journal has fewer unused pages than used ones. I keep telling myself that I need to pick up another journal filler pack so I can keep writing a post everyday about me and all those things that happen to me on this grand adventure called life.

But, as time goes on, I think I can always pick up filler pages the next time I head into Bountiful. This last time, however, I cut it too close. I only had a few unused pages left this last weekend. I knew I had to get pages soon, or I'd be in real trouble. We went to one store, our closest Deseret Book, and they didn't have any. We drove to a store that usually has less options when it comes to this kind of thing, and they didn't have any, either.

That's when I knew things had changed.

I've been writing in a daily journal since 1985. I've used the same journal system since 1987, a 4" x 6" three-ring binger. Turns out, that particular journaling system isn't as popular as it once was. Back in the day, I could go into any store and there'd be ten or twelve packets of filler pages.

Those days seem to be gone for good.


Today was my last day to do something. I had one unused journal page left. If I didn't find something quick, I'd have to print out some pages, cut them in half, and use them until I found filler pages somewhere. This morning I got online, brought up Deseret Book's website, and found some filler pages at their West Valley Utah store. After a staff meeting, I drove down and picked up a filler packet and another journal, just to be sure.

Today, there's s many more options to record thoughts, feelings, events, and everyday occurrences. There's digital options, notebooks, bound books, even social media. For me, I'll take the old 4" x 6" three-ring binder and I'll keep doing it until I no longer can. Happy journaling, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment