Sunday, September 20, 2020

Almost A Week W/O My Computer...How Will I Survive?



I think I knew about the recall months ago. I was bored and I searched “MacBook Recalls” on the Apple site. I entered in my laptop’s serial number and, Bingo—we have a match! Turns out my little computer was eligible for a new battery.

Great, because my battery has been showing signs of age lately. However, since there is opposition in all things, getting a new battery means I had to take in my computer and leave it for a few days.

Bummer.

Especially since I need to post a picture daily and post a daily blog.

I wasn’t completely without options. I could use my wife’s computer, or my son’s or daughter’s. That would mean I’d have to log on to my gmail account on their machines. No, I have an iPad and time. Last night I had to write my first post on the old iPad.

Good thing I had the time.


As much as I love my iPad, trying to type on that thing is less than pleasurable. It’s downright difficult. Tonight, I’m using a little Bluetooth keyboard I bought years ago at our local thrift store. And, I must say, even though it’s small, the individual keys work and it’s making this entry much faster.

When I took in my computer, they asked if I wanted it mailed back to me. I asked how long that would take for me to get it back (because we’re moving soon...). They said Tuesday or Wednesday. Since I live only a mile or so from the store, I asked if I could just come in and pick up my computer when it was done. They said, “Sure, but it will take longer.”

That made no sense. They said if I pick it up, it won’t be done until Friday. I’m sure there’s a logical explanation for that, but I don’t what it is.

So far, so good. I’m keeping up on the picture posting and blog writing. But, I’ll be glad when I get back my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment