Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Time IS Running Out...To Save So Many Things


I saw a post from my sister tonight on Facebook. 

She, and millions of others, need help.

Time is running out.

Unlike many, I've been incredibly fortunate and blessed this year. I was telecommuting for a year before covid hit. And we've homeschooled for a couple of decades so we've avoided all the headaches and hassles accompanying so many parents.

Fortunate and blessed.

Others, have not been so lucky.

My sister works in the entertainment industry. Having been involved in community theater as well as paying gigs since the late 1980s, I have many many friends that make their living providing entertainment for others. There's a lot of talk about how covid has affected the airline industry, or the real estate market, or higher education, but I can't imagine a group of people harder hit than those in the entertainment services.

My sister posted a link to: Save Our Stages, a movement to help and draw attention to their plight and the plight of what she calls, "the invisible people" behind the scenes. Click: HERE if you're interested in checking out the site.

I'm no scientist or doctor or lawyer or even businessman, but you cannot convince me otherwise that people are being used as pawns to satisfy a few's selfish concerns. You look at other nations--other countries that are not involved in a national election--and they've made different decisions. Yes, we are learning as we go, but I know in my gut decisions are being made by those in authority to benefit themselves more than others.

We will look back on 2020 and realize those mistakes. Weak-minded people will deflect responsibility for those mistakes, instead they will still blame others til the bitter end. And the biggest tragedy will be that those decision makers will not have lost their jobs, or their businesses, or families, or in some cases, their lives, but they'll have the gaul to still demand allegiance from those they've used, they've abandoned, they've ignored.

Time is running out. The question is, will changes be made in time to literally save these people? I'd like to think so. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment