Monday, September 28, 2020

It Is Over...We Are Exhausted


 Tonight, we drove back into town to clear out the old house. We moved Saturday, but as we founded the final bend on Main Street and descended toward the city center, it felt like we'd been gone a month. We had to return to do a little cleaning and pick up other things we forgot to take.

We're exhausted.

It's been such a surreal experience, waking up the first time in the new home and realizing this is the new normal. I know I've blogged many times about this change in our lives, and I apologize I haven't been more diverse in my blog post topics, but this move has enveloped us, surrounded us, consumed us and now, after driving away and saying, "Everyone say, 'By house,'" after which we said, "By house," we realized, it's over.

Thank you to all our neighbors. Thank you for those who assisted in the move. Thank you for making our lives and the lives of our children a blessed time. I have no idea what's ahead. Personally, I think that's for the best (it's not good to know too much about your future...). All I know is, I am the person I am because of that town, that street, that house. And that person is tired and ready for bed.

Adventure is out there! Time to go find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment