Sunday, September 6, 2020

Well, #RunChat...Pretty Much Everything


Tonight I was doing a little Twitter browsing (the world's a much better place when I don't...), and I came across a tweet that posed a simple (yet, not...) question.

"What aspect of your running right now needs to the most improvement?"

Oh, #RunChat, if you only knew.

There are so many excuses to not run. The list is almost endless. Time, equipment, an ever-aging and aching body...you name it. Plus, where I live, there's long hill I'd have to climb at the end of my run and that's not something I look forward to. Of course, I could get in my car and got to a park to exercise. But, that requires more work and time.

And during this time of year, I'm sorry but I'm not going outside more than absolutely necessary when it's 100ยบ or warmer--nope.

I could just start by walking. Walking is better than not walking, but the old excuses come into play again. I suppose the biggest excuse and the aspect that needs to the most improvement for me is attitude. Attitude is keeping me from getting off my tail end. Attitude prevents me from getting up early to avoid the heat, it stops me from leaving the house in running gear, it prevents me from running.

Tomorrow begins a new week. We're also in a new month. The days are getting cooler, and other excuses currently in place will change. So, will I begin running again?

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment