Saturday, September 26, 2020

When You See A McLaren Parked On The Street...You Take A Picture


 As I drove from our street on my way to new adventures, I spotted something orange parked on the hill. Since there was no other cars coming or going, I slowed down to see if I could identify the make.

McLaren.

The fact that I had to slow down reinforced something I already knew...I don't know my supercars. Sure, Ferrari and Lamborghini have distinct looks. I suppose you could say so does McLaren. Back in the day, I used to check out the car magazines at the local drug store. That was about the only way to really catch up on the latest supercar news.

I was never so obsessed that I knew every line, every curve of every car. Sure, I had my favorites, but I never had a poster of a car on my wall growing up (truth be told, I didn't have many posters on my walls growing up...). Part of the reason I didn't go full fan-boy over cars like some of my friends was because I didn't see the point of it. I mean, more than likely, I was never going to be able to afford those cars, anyway. That turned out to be true.

I think part of the reason, or much of the reason in some cases, for buying a car like this is because people look at it. And when they look at it and you're in it, they look at you. It says something about the person in the car and the person looking.

Today, I slowed down, stopped, lowered my window and took a picture. I guess both the owner and the admirer were doing their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment