Thursday, September 24, 2020

What Would We Do...Without Cellphones?


 I was looking through my camera roll and I came across a random photo I took when I was at The Home Depot last week. At first, I did not remember why I took it--I take a lot of pictures for possible blog post topics. So, I wasn't sure about this photo of Dish Packing Kits. Was I going to write about the joys of packing (like I did yesterday), or how it's interesting that they market packing kits in packing kits?

Then, it hit me...I took this picture because I was unsure, unsure of whether or not this was the exact item I had been sent to fetch. Turns out, it was. Then I realized just how important cellphones are in our modern society. Sure, they save lives and record daily events, but they do other important things, too.

Like, help a husband remember what he was supposed to buy.

Using my grandpa voice (I'm not a grandpa, but many my age and younger are...), I remember back in the day when ,if you didn't have a list and things written on that list, you relied solely on memory. And, as we all know, shinny things can be distracting and memory pays the price. I thought back on many a time I forgot what I was supposed to get, bought what I thought I was supposed to get, then returned to the store to purchase what I was supposed to get the first time.

Modern technology comes with a price--more hectic lives, relying on phones for everything, but it also helps out a husband when he's sent to The Home Depot for dish packing kits and he makes sure it's the right thing before he even leaves the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment