Sunday, May 8, 2022

Give Thanks...For Family Game Night (And Skull King)


Sunday night have been designated at our house as Family Game Night.

It's the best.

A few weeks ago my daughter had a birthday. For a present she received a card game called Skull King. We've been playing it for the past several weeks and we've fallen in love with it. It's a game where you can never tell how things will end up. In my experience with other card games, I can sort of tell how I'm doing. This game changes with every hand played.

Tonight we gathered around the thrift-store purchased gaming table and played again. If you're familiar with the game, you can see I had good cards, but sometimes good cards are not what you want. This was the last hand of the night...I should have bet big, but I did not. My daughter beat us all.

Though I haven't done any formal research, but I believe card and board games are going through a resurgence of late. Maybe it's because of covid, maybe it's the fact we're all sick of staring at screens all day, or maybe it's a thousand other reasons. Personally, I hope the trend continues.

It's funny, the things you remember when you look back on your life. I remember hanging out with my friends in high school and later in college. I remember so many good times camping and being with family. I wonder if my kids will look back at these weekends when we gathered around the kitchen table or in the Carol Brady Game Room and play games and smile. I'm grateful for our home and the memories we're making...

And for Skull King.

No comments:

Post a Comment