Sunday, May 1, 2022

Give Thanks...For Spring


 I'm not a fan of Spring. In fact, it's probably my least-favorite season of the year.

Something about this spring is different...

I might be changing my mind.

This year, we've watched as the fruits of our labors from last fall literally blossom before our eyes. When started to put in our yard last year, we made a conscious decision to have less grass than more. The front yard has a sloping area from the street to the front door. We could have planted grass and dealt with mowing on an incline, but we thought it might be cool to put in flower beds.

Last fall we ordered some top spoil and planted a lot of bulbs. Interesting thing about fall planting--you have no idea if your plans or ideas will work out. We found out a few weeks ago, it was a huge success. And, from what I've been told, the plants will multiply each year so hopefully, in a couple of years, the effect will be magnified many times over.

Like so many other families, we've put in a lot of work on our little slice of heaven on earth. We also understand most of the hard work happens in the beginning. Hopefully, we'll be "upkeep-ing" from here on out.

Even though it's been hard hard work, I'm thankful for what we have and that we're trying to make life as good as we can. I'm thankful for this time of year to see the effects of that hard work. There's more to do (there always is...), but we're happy for where we're at and how it's going. Now, all I have to figure out is, if spring is no longer my least-favorite season, what is...?

No comments:

Post a Comment