Monday, May 16, 2022

Well...Missed It Again


 See that?

No, really...there's something there, just left of center, that thing with a red hue.

Yes, there it is--you see it.

It's the moon.

Last night's moon.

And it would have been incredible it it weren't for the clouds. The following hilarious tweet encapsulates perfectly how I felt:


Looks like my record of missing astrological rarities remains intact.

I seem to miss them all the time. One of the coolest things I did see was the eclipse a few years ago, but only a partial. I turned down a ride to see the total eclipse. My friend invited me to go to Wyoming with them. Missing a total eclipse was my fault. Last night's blood moon was missed because of the weather.

I went outside around 10pm our time. I saw a hazy--very hazy--moon low in the southern sky. Using my phone, I tried getting a picture of it. You can see how successful I was (wasn't...). I thought I'd try a few minutes later to allow the clouds to clear. Problem was, a few minutes later brought more clouds, so much so, you couldn't even see the where the moon was.

Truth be told, even if the moon was visible in a cloudless sky, I'd probably not get a good picture of it. I have the hardest time photographing the moon.

I keep thinking maybe when the next eclipse or comet or meteor shower comes around, my missing astrological rarities streak will be broken. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment