Thursday, May 5, 2022

Sorry Burt Brothers...We've Moved On (Literally)


 In days past, the message that hit my phone at 3:43 a.m. might have been welcomed (not at three in the morning, but you get the idea...).

Those days are past.

I understand the process. To the company, I'm a small bit of data, a few lines of code that tells their computers to spit out an e-mail to notify me of rewards and promotions that are available to me.

If' you're not familiar with the tire company, they're a local concern with several facilities available to service people's vehicles--they focus on tires, but they can do most other repairs as well. They built the Farmington branch years--even decades--ago. I used them. My in-laws used them. They were local and convenient. My nephew even worked there many years ago.

Were they good?

For the most part. 

I know people who swear by them, and others that swear at them. Like most relationships, there's good and bad, ups and downs.

Many months (possibly years...) have passed since we showed up at their front door. They reached out to me in the middle of the night, asking me to return, to re-kindle whatever flame that once existed, to remind me of what I was missing. Yes, breaking up is hard to do, and in the end, I terminated the e-mail as we have the relationship...

With closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment