Tuesday, May 24, 2022

This Is True...And I Can Think Of A Few More


I ran across this picture the other day. I snapped a picture and forgot to include who posted so I cannot give credit where credit is due. I feel bad about that because credit should be given for such an amazing meme.

It's so true...

But, I can think of a few more things to add to this list.

We all make bad financial decisions from time to time. It's part of not only being human, but growing and learning as we get older. Remember your first car? Was the purchase made strictly for educated and wise reasons? My first car was a 1965 VW Bug. I paid $500 for it in 1982. Was that a bad financial decision? 

Depends on who you ask. Me--definitely, my mom (and many others...)--probably not.

Of course, had I that same car today in that same condition (it did run, sort of, when I bought it...), I could sell it for probably $10k. 

I'm not a gun guy, or a knife guy, or a golf guy, or a boat guy, or a gamer guy, or a car guy. I like some of those things more than others so maybe with sufficient funds, I might turn into one of those guys. But, if I had sufficient funds, I'd probably add:

Photographer Guy

Drone Guy

Musical Instrument Guy

Just to name a few. So, going back to my first car, sure it had problems and it was (probably...) a bad financial decision, but wait a few decades and that bad decision would have looked pretty good.

Maybe time is the difference between bad and good. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment