Wednesday, May 4, 2022

LightStickFX...A Product The Geek In You Will Love


 It was a chance meeting...years ago I decided to take the train to the FanX convention so I wouldn't have to pay for parking. It was more for convenience and the fact that I was cheap more than anything. I got off the inner-city train and hopped aboard the light rail line. 

Taking the train to the convention is interesting, because you can immediately spot everyone who is also going to the convention--mostly, because they're dressed up as their favorite fictional character. I spotted a tall person--normally dressed--but it was his luggage that made me think he might be going to the convention, too. We struck up a conversation.

Turns out I was right.

His name...Spencer Brinkerhoff III. We chatted. I decided to check out his booth during the show. I'm so glad I did.

Since first meeting Spencer those many years ago, I've learned more about him. He's one of those rare people who is not only creative, but his personality is infectious. He's written books on writing, given presentations at conventions, and has been invited to corporate events as a guest speaker and presenter.

It was at that first show Spencer gave me a set of LightstickFX Lightsticks. They're awesome! Basically, you use your cellphone camera to snap a picture. Using the lightsticks, you can have people holding a lightsaber or you can use the lightsticks to create a laser blast. It's simple. It's ingenious. You can check out the Spencer's Lightstick site by clicking: HERE. You can see examples of the Lightsticks in action by clicking: HERE. Check out the photos on the site.

This is not the first time I've blogged about about Spencer or the Lightsticks. But, since it's May the 4th, I thought it might be a good time to highlight them again. Hopefully, I can meet up with him at another con in the future, but until then, I'll just have to keep using my own set of Lightsticks and sharing the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment