Monday, February 13, 2023

Finished A "Friends" Puzzle...It Messed With My Mind


 My wife ordered a Friends-themed puzzle. She thought it would be fun.

Turned out, it wasn't as fun as she thought it would be.

Oh, it wasn't the worst puzzle we've ever done--that would be a thrift store find that was missing puzzle pieces. No, even though the photos used to make up the puzzle are fun for fans of the show, this puzzle had a lot of negatives going for it.

First, it wasn't "high-quality." We've put together a lot of puzzles (more than some, not as many as others...) and we've gotten used to a certain quality of the product. Most of those puzzles we've finished were from Dowdle Folk Art Puzzles. We love them. The pieces fit together nicely, but better yet, they include a separate larger-than-the-box picture of the puzzle, a picture you can pick up and look at closely.

The Friends puzzle only had the picture on the box, and a lesser-quality picture on the bottom of the box. It started giving me a headache trying to pick out the tiny details found on the individual puzzle pieces.

My wife did almost all the puzzle. I swooped in at the end and finished it. I don't think I could have done it all--there were just too many issues with this particular puzzle.

If you're a fan of the TV show and a fan of puzzles, I'm not going to necessarily discourage you from choosing this puzzle...

I'm not necessarily encouraging it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment