Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Yes...It's Windy Here


 Yes, it's windy here.

It's one of the first things we noticed after relocating...the wind. I'm not anti-wind. In fact, I'd love a way to harness it and somehow have it power things in my home. 

Would it work?

Let me put it this way. A neighbor a few homes down put in a windmill--not one of those cosmetic ones we had, but one designed to capture the power of the wind. The wind was so strong, it blew the blade off the pole and it slammed into their home. Since then, it was not put back up.

A few weeks ago I was at my mother-in-law's house (her's is also a few homes away from ours...) and she proudly showed off her dangling icicle. I snapped a photo and shared it to the world. As you can tell, icicles don't lean like this one does. Gravity guarantees the water will take the path of least resistance and fall straight down, unless an action is forced upon it. That force is wind.

When our little town was the coldest dwelling in the state last week, it was the wind that caused it to be so cold. Lately, however, the wind has taken a break...thankfully.

This is our third winter here. We know the wind will return--it's the one constant for all four seasons...

Except, there's no outside icicles in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment