Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Just A Simple (The Simplest...) Meal At Home


 Something that I love about social media is logging on during holidays. Now, I know Valentine's Day is not really a holiday (even though it's named after St. Valentine on the anniversary of his death...). Still, it's not a bank holiday so unless you asked for the day off, you had to work.

On breaks, I'd check out the various social media sites. It's fun to see my friends and family post about the day, fun to check out the pictures, the stories, the memories people share. We get to hear about and see Valentine's Days in the past, or better yet, plans for tonight.

For us, we decided to spend the night at home. Where we live has limited places to eat and I'll bet they're all full. I hope they enjoy their meals. Us? We dined of an ol' standby...frozen pizza. My wife and I are at that age where going out to celebrate a particular day can be more work than it's worth. 

I don't have a lot of wisdom in me, but one thing I can suggest is to find someone who is okay spending a quiet night with a simple meal on Valentines. If you can be happy with that, you can be happy with a lot of things.

Don't get me wrong...we are having ice cream later. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment