Friday, February 3, 2023

I Sort Of Remember These Toys...Sort Of


 Ah, another funny meme...what would be do without them?

Memes can cover politics, religion, family relationships, technology, pretty much anything. This one caught my attention. Yes, it's funny, but it also made me think about my childhood...

And the toys we had.

In many ways my childhood--especially my early childhood--was much like anyone else's for someone born in the middle of the 1960s. We had one TV (that my dad built...), a dad who worked outside the home and a mother who worked inside and stayed home, and a couple of siblings. But, in other ways, my childhood was different from others at the time. My father passed away when I was a child and so we didn't have a lot of the things people had. 

For example, we did not have a lot of Fisher-Price toys. I had to go to friends's house to take advantage of the wonder that was Fisher-Price...the barn set, the school set, and my personal favorite, the parking garage. We did have Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys and even Erector sets. 

I don't remember having the toys in the picture.

Oh, I've played with them--don't get me wrong. All those years serving in the Primary at church...we played and played with them. I tried searching for a history to when the shape sorting globe was invented...couldn't find a date. It's possible those things existed when I was in infant, but I just don't know.

Still, I guess all this is secondary, because the meme is dang funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment