Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Community Bulletin Boards...Fulfilling Their Destiny


 In some of the local stores in our little rural town have community bulletin boards. I'm pretty sure the larger community where we used to live had them, too, but to be honest, I paid them little attention.

It's different here.

Here, the boards seem to prove a more vital role in the community.

Even though notices come and go, I'm pretty sure at any given time there will be at least two flyers for dogs, both puppies for sale and the missing/found dogs and cats. Then there's the landscaping flyers, music lesson flyers, and every once in a while, you'll see something like I saw the other day.

Babysitting...

And animal sitting.

When I see something like that, it reminds me we live in farmland. 

And, we love it.

Got to give it to Emma--even though she's only 13-years old, she's got gumption, and I wish her nothing but success. We are not Emma's target audience. We don't need babysitting and we do have a dog and a cat, but we're always home so we don't need animal sitting. 

Yes, we always check the bulletin board as we either enter or leave the stores...or both. Glad to see the boards are working as intended in our little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment