Monday, September 18, 2023

A Photo Tale Told Twelve Hours Apart...


 I had an interesting twelve hour period last week.

It began at 2:30am. 

Actually, it began several hours earlier. That's when the power went out. It was around 10pm. All of us stumbled around the house, lanterns in hand. Since the outage occurred around a time when we retire for the evening, we went to bed hoping the electricity would return before long.

At 2:30am, the power had not yet returned. Something else did return to the house...that maddening sound of a smoke alarm going off. It was in the basement and our son woke us up to notify us of the sound. I grabbed my lantern and a few batteries to solve the problem.

Once we discovered and fixed the problem, I returned to bed.

Fast forward twelve hours. I got up at my normal time and started to work. After a few hours in, it was apparent I was not felling well. I decided to take a half-day off and get some rest. I climbed into bed complete with the necessities (remote controls, AirPods, and most importantly, tissues...). When I looked at the clock, it hit me...it's been twelve hours, so...

I snapped another photo.

The two pictures create a photo tale told twelve hours apart.

I didn't promise a great tale, now did I...?

No comments:

Post a Comment