Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Puns, Bad And Dad Jokes...Told By A T-Rex


 I think it was a theater friend who posted the first joke-telling t-rex comic that I ever saw. I loved it from the start. Of course, it's been years since that first comic came across my social media feed. I can't remember the joke.

But, does it really matter what the fist joke was? After all, puns, bad and dad jokes are classics, meant to be bad--the worst. In fact, the more bad the better. Tonight I did a little digging and found the Instagram site for standup_trex. You can access all the posts by clicking: HERE.

I haven't read all the posts. I'm sure there are some that border on the inappropriate (as with almost everything nowadays...). I suppose you've got to weigh the good and the bad.

Puns, bad and dad jokes get a bad rap, IMO. If you boil down most jokes, they could be considered one of the three. Most sitcom jokes could be considered dad jokes. I've done zero research into this subject. I'll bet there's a doctoral thesis out there that dives into the issue of dad jokes and tries to answer the question of if they are beneficial to society or not. That might be interesting reading, actually.

If you like the brand of humor brought forth by a member of an extinct species, check out Stand Up T-Rex on Instagram. They're not all winners, but when he connects...it's gold, and I dare say, worthy of a tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment