Sunday, September 24, 2023

Give Thanks...Changes Are Coming


 It's interesting how people connect with one of the four seasons. People will say they're either winter, spring, summer, or fall people. I can understand the draw for each part of the year. Without doing any research, I'd conclude winter has the fewest fans, and maybe summer has the most. I'm highly suspect of those who claim summer as their favorite...those with the ability to enjoy all that summer provides.

For me, it's fall, autumn...

And it's not even close.

For as long as I can remember, I've loved when the days shorten, the temperatures fall, clothes shelved months earlier now reappear. Shorter days means leaves turn and eventually fall, and those darn mosquitoes die.


There's also an energy in the air, the holidays coming, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years...each holiday has a different purpose, each has a different spirit. Yes, the season brings challenges, but everything of value does. Many hate the cold, the snow, the lack of sunlight...those that hate the fall never tire of reasons for that hate. 

Because it's my favorite time of year, it seems to take forever to arrive. That first college football game comes slower than Santa Clause to a child. Eventually, however, the wait is over and the fall equinox passes. 

When I see leaves turn, I celebrate. It's one of the first signs of change. I'm thankful for the change. I'm thankful to see the start of an another autumn. I pray for the opportunity for many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment