Friday, September 8, 2023

The Grapes Of Social Media...


 My neighbor, Kim had an incredible row of grape vines. I remember talking to him one day from across the property boundary. He said he got a start from some wild grapes that grew up the canyon. Now, it's been a few years since we had that conversation so I may be mis-remembering some of the details. One thing I'm remembering correctly was the row of vines in his yard. They were healthy and produced a lot of fruit.

Last year my wife wanted for us to start growing grapes. We found two very small plants and stuck them in the ground. I put up a bamboo pole by each and hoped for the best. This summer, spring we noticed tiny round objects growing from one of the plants.

We finally had our grapes.

We are admittedly in the early stages of this process. As anyone knows, anything can come along and wipe out our entire crop...it wouldn't take much. We're hoping to aid the plants and help them grow, maybe even get a few more and have an entire wall of healthy fruit-producing plants.

Something surprised me the other day. I posted a picture of the first bunch of grapes I picked on social media (posted a picture of the grapes, not a picture of me picking them...). I post at least one picture on social media every day. I've been doing it for a while. Most of the time, I'll get a few "likes" and even a comment or two, but when almost a hundred people took time to acknowledge my photo, I find that interesting. 

Clicking a "like" is a simple thing. I do it all the time. If you find these kinds of things interesting, too, grow some grapes and post a picture on your social media feeds. If I see it, I'll definitely "like" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment