Monday, September 4, 2023

He's Retired...And Just Doesn't Care


 Saturday morning, we ran errands in the morning. I stayed in the car while others patronized the local Family Dollar. For me, the store has its pluses and minuses. What I do like about the place is when you know they have something you need, it's a good store to visit.

As they were inside, I looked west at a older American sedan. I had actually seen the same car at another business when we ran an errands before going to Family Dollar--such is life in a small town. I noticed when I saw the car previously, it was parked in a handicapped spot. At Family Dollar, he parked in another handicapped spot...

Sort of.

It's a little difficult to see in the photo but the car is no where near being inside the lines. I watched as the driver, an elderly gentleman, climbed inside "not his grandkids's Oldsmobile" and drove away. I thought, "Heck, he's retired and doesn't care."

Now, I do not know with one-hundred percent certainty that the man is retired. He might be still working. He might not be handicapped himself, but perhaps his spouse is. And I really don't know if he actually cares. He may care quite a lot and only parked the way he did because it was early on a Saturday morning and no one else was at the Family Dollar, except me as I waited in the van.

I suppose I shouldn't judge, but with something so inconsequential, maybe it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment