Sunday, September 3, 2023

Give Thanks...The Game Is Back


 Finally.

It took long enough to get here...that's why August is always the longest month, longer than December, longer than July. It's August. But, give thanks and celebrate because the wait is over.

The games have begun.

It's no secret I'm a college football fan. Every since I started attending games at the University of Utah back in 1987. I watched some games before, but I wasn't a fan. Not until I was a student and went to Rice Stadium back with the second-tier seating on the east side, back before the most recent renovations or the winter olympic renovations. It was a bleak time to be a Utah fan.

Times have changed...

For the better.

Those who follow college football were treated to a feast from Thursday to today. Incredible games, huge upsets, and a perfect 12-0 for the soon-to-be dead Pac-12. Thursday night, millions of people across the country watched the men in crimson and white beat some gators from Florida. For the first time in years, I actually watched the game, live, as it happened. For me, it's a huge change. Normally, I'd record the show then watch it if Utah won. I'm not sure if I'll continue to do that. Hopefully, I will.

I'm grateful it's September. I'm grateful the games are back. Now, just keep cool and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment