Monday, September 11, 2023

No Way Ole Kirk Christiansen Could Have Foreseen This...


 Last week, my son-in-law got a Lego set for his birthday. It's not your grandfather's Lego set.

It's spectacular.

Those little plastic bricks have come a long way in almost one-hundred years.

Like most of us, I grew up with Legos. We didn't have a lot of them, but back in the day, they were just blocks. You could build a house or other structure. I remember some wheels so you could build a rudimentary vehicle. But, a school of wizardry?

No way.

I suppose Legos have evolved as most things. Technology creates plastic magic and the company's done well. Not only can you build miniature Hogwarts, but you can also visit Lego amusement parks and ride rides--not made of Legos--but made to look like they're made of Legos.

I believe the Danish carpenter who started making wooden toys in the 1930s would approve of the direction the company has taken. After all, a maker of toys has a goal of entertainment. I know my son-in-law's latest project was very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment