Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Day In The Life...


A Day In The Life...

My wife and I are parents. This fact is proven by the existence of our four children. We had a very hectic week and that week was capped by a very hectic day. I do not--of course--wish to imply that our hectic week and hectic-capping day were worse than any other parents of four children may have had...all I know is that we am so tired right now.


We woke just after 5:30am this morning. After picking up the grandparents, we drove to Logan for my daughter's gymnastics meet held at the Spectrum in Logan. I remember attending USU basketball games as a student, arguably the best place to watch a college basketball game in the state of Utah, and the Aggie's home winning record over the past 25 years supports this claim.


Before we left town, I had to snap a picture of the apartment where I lived with three recently returned missionaries when I attended Utah State. Ours was the bottom right, but I don't remember ever hanging a wreath on the door...ever. When I lived with my roommates for five months, all I heard from the three RM's is that a mission goes by so fast! Two weeks in the MTC and I wondered when the "Fast" part of the mission going by so fast kicked in...


This building was once owned by Grace and Reed Anderson. We called them the Grace and Reed Apartments, but eventually, the place became known as the Race and Greed Apartments. That's just the way it was...

By the time we got home, did laundry, practiced for tomorrow's Easter program, and did some grocery/Easter shopping, about 15 hours passed from the time we woke up to when we could stop shopping, stop laundry-ing, and stop thinking about all the things we needed to do as parents.

After picking up the last of the supplies and getting dinner at a fast-food place (Don't judge us!!!), we drove by my friend's house, the Christensen's, and I took a picture of their incredibly beautiful tree. I don't know what type of tree this is, but what an amazing thing to look at in spring.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I lived right by there when I first moved to Logan, if we were there at the same time, we would have been in the same ward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived there, a frat house (I think the Sigma Nu's...) lived right across the street. They're not there anymore, but they did have parties. For one I think they stole a grocery cart and rode it down Old Main hill and kept going down the street. Good times...

    ReplyDelete