Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Three Cheers For Farmington City Snow Removal Crews!


As I turned onto my street today after a long shift at work, I was shocked by the scene before my eyes, when, in reality, I shouldn't have been. At the end of our cul-de-sac I saw huge mountains of snow piled high at the end of our street. We had so much snow to move, the city sent not a snowplow today, but a front-end loader.


As many of you know, our winter's been quite productive as far as snow is concerned. We've been hit several times with many epic storms. The snow from the last storm didn't even get a chance to melt before we got hit with freezing rain, then another foot or so of the white stuff.


Through it all, I must commend our local municipality and their diligent crews that have allowed me to drive my little car up a huge hill through all the storms. I was only stranded at the bottom of the hill once, but a an hour or so later, they had the hill plowed and I got home. When I arrived home today two of my sons were climbing the mountains of snow. Why were they climbing them? Because they were there... I just had to snap a few pictures.

 

It's easy to criticize. I'm sure some of my neighbors are less than satisfied with the job done by the snow removal crews, but for at least one family at the end of a cul-de-sac on the hill in Farmington, I am more than satisfied. Good job men and women driving the big machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment